Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas Get-to-Know-You

My friend Kahle sends me these cute little questionnaire's every now and again and this one was particularly fitting for the Christmas season . . .

1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog -- as long as it's Steve's Grandpa's
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? He wraps them, of course!
3. Colored lights or white? Depends on what works when I plug them in!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, maybe I should.
5. When do you put your decorations up? When I get around to dragging all the decorations in from the garage -- usually about 2 weeks before Christmas.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Stuffing at Karp's; rumaki at Toensing's.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Following fishing line all over the house when the one end was attached to my present and my dad bringing me mom's gifts from Santa to wrap for him.
8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? usually
9. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? spritz
10. Snow . . . Love it or Dread it? love it unless it's a lot to shovel
11. Can you ice skate? yes
12. Do you remember your favorite gift? Department 56 Ice Palace
13. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you? spending time with my family
14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? cookies
15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? spending time with my family playing games that we got for gifts
16. What tops your tree? This year -- a star
17. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? giving -- especially when I find the "perfect" gift!
18. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
19. Candy Canes, yum or yuk? Yuk. Yuk. Yuk.
20. Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Christmas Eve -- 'cause my kids go to their dad's Christmas Day!
21. Chocolate covered cherries or peanut brittle? how about my mom's macadamia nut brittle?
22. What was your most unusual Christmas gift ever? Hmmmm.
23. Eggnog or wine? wine.
24. Real or artificial tree? artificial -- I hate vacuuming up pine needles in July
25. Favorite "getting ready for Christmas" activity? making cookies
26. Which side of the family is more fun to be with on Christmas? mine!
27. How long do you leave your Christmas tree up after Christmas? til I get motivated to take it down
28. What makes you cry at Christmas? kids figuring out that Santa's not real
29. What makes you the happiest at Christmas? being with my friends and family . . . and eating cookies!
30. Lefse or lutefisk? Yuk. Yuk. Yuk.
31. What is your ultimate wish for the world this Christmas? that everyone can take a few minutes to celebrate Jesus' birthday and the true meaning of Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home