Sunday, January 29, 2006

Warning: Long Update!!!

Nathan had his Pinewood Derby last Friday night. It was fun, but his car didn't do that well this time around -- something about the wheels and graphite. I, unfortunately, didn't get any good pictures at this year's Derby -- just one of Nathan sitting with his friends . . .  
 Posted by Picasa (Mine's the handsome guy in the front with the gray/white/blue striped shirt!)

I took the kids to Ely last weekend. I checked out the yarn shop and finally purchased some yarn -- took me three trips to Ely to finally figure out what to buy, but I got some great yarn to make some "convertible" mittens -- glove/mitten combo.


Posted by Picasa

I won't be starting that project for a while, but at least I can say when I finish them that they are special because they are made with "Ely" yarn. Saturday night, we went out with the Murawski clan for dinner and then back to Roger & Deb's for a Christmas celebration -- and Sue's 60th birthday.

Sunday we went to the Wolf Center. One of the gentlemen that works there was able to "lure" the wolves to the glass for us to see them up close, but I have to admit Carrie's picture that she posted on her blog turned out much better than ours. This "little guy" is Malik.


Posted by Picasa
On the way out of Ely, we ran into an accident -- o.k., not literally, but I did pull aside and offer help. Hopefully all that were involved in the accident are now o.k. Then went to Fortune Bay Resort on Lake Vermillion for a nite of arcade and swimming action. Threw a quick $10 into the slots with no luck. (Big surprise!)

Monday we slowly ventured home and stopped at Embarrass -- a.k.a. "The Cold Spot" This year's record low: January 17, 2005 -54
All-time record low: February 2, 2006 -59


Posted by Picasa

Biwabik -- home of "Honk the Moose" and stopped for lunch


Posted by Picasa

and the Wellstone Memorial --

Posted by Picasa
Friday night I had my work's first reading group get-together. It was a blast -- ended the night disco dancing -- yeah, we got a little crazy!

Last night I went to Annette's for dinner and gossip and today Morgan and I went to lunch.

And, I've changed positions at Quello -- I will now be what we call a "float." I will be assisting a variety of providers -- basically filling in where needed.

Yesterday it rained -- today it snowed. Minnesota winters are so fickle.

Tonight it's laundry and Gr*y's Anatomy -- tomorrow night Morgan and I start piano lessons.

BTW, if any of you want Girl Scout cookies -- they're available. Give me a call if you're interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home